The Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship has been launched by the Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF) as an excellent scheme for women students belonging to minority communities in India. The main objective of the Central Government’s Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship 2021 is to provide financial assistance to the family who cannot bear the educational costs of their female child, and cannot afford their education. By availing the benefit of this scholarship, all those who suffer from financial constraints can make their future bright.
This scholarship is for girls studying from class 9 to class 12. Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship reward is up to INR 6,000. About 5, 89,838 female students have availed this scholarship so far. During the selection process, the first preference is given to the candidates who have the lowest family income and are financially weak. Interested candidates can fill the online form on the official website. Through this scheme, all those students will be benefited, who are unable to pursue their education due to financial constraints.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship 2021 – Comprehensive Details
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship was called the Maulana Azad Scholarship. This scholarship scheme was launched by the late Prime Minister of India, Atal Bihari Vajpayee on 3 May 2003. The scheme was launched during the National Conference on Educational and Economic Development. Its main objective is to provide financial assistance to minority meritorious students and to move the roof towards higher education. Through this scheme, minority families get help in improving the education of children and in improving the financial condition of the family.
Through this article, we will try to give you detailed information and right guidelines about this scholarship scheme. Through this article, we will provide you complete information related to Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship. In this article, we will talk about this scholarship and its features. What are the eligibility criteria for this Scholarship? What are the benefits a student can render through it? What is the selection procedure for it? You will find all the answers to your questions in the article given below.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship – Highlights
|Scholarship Name||Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship|
|Conducted By||Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF),|
|Ministry||Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India|
|Launched by||Late Prime Minister of India Atal Bihari Vajpayee|
|Launched on||3rd May, 2003|
|Beneficiaries||Girls of minority community|
|Scholarship Type||Merit Scholarship|
|Objective of Scheme||To offer financial support to minority girl students studying in class 9th to 12th|
|Category||Central government scheme|
|Mode of application||Online|
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship – Last Date
When does the online application link for Scholarship open? What is the time period for filling up the application form? What is the last date for filling up the form? Answers to all of these questions are given below in the table. Students must keep track of all the important dates of Scholarship so that he/she does not miss an opportunity to get benefit out of this scholarship. Read below for all the important dates:
|Application Starting date of online registration for scholarship||2nd October 2020|
|Application last date of online registration for scholarship||31st October 2020 (extended till 15th December 2020) Last Date for Online Registration – 15th December 2020|
Note – The given dates are for the academic year, they may change every year at the scholarship provider’s discretion.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship – Schedule
|Notification Release Date||Soon|
|Start Date of Online Application||15 July 2020|
|Last Date of Online Application||31 October 2020|
|Last date for Submission of Form along with Documents||Till the month of October|
Note – The given dates are for the academic year, they may change every year at the scholarship provider’s discretion.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship – Features
The following features are being given for this scholarship, which you should read carefully. Hope that you will get the right knowledge about it by reading the information given below.
- Applicants should not send physical / hard copy by post or to MAEF
- Upload all documents in Hindi or English only.
- Students can submit only one application form, if they submit more than one application form, it will be considered a “duplicate” application and will be “rejected”.
- For this, applicants will not be required to submit any application fee.
- It is a 100% government funded scheme.
- The scholarship amount will be transferred directly to the bank transfer method, whose application mode is online.
- There is no provision of any such scholarship under this scholarship scheme, through which students can study abroad.
- Only students belonging to minority class can avail scholarship.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Girls Candidates who are willing to apply for the Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship, need to fulfil the eligibility criteria put forth by the department of Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF). Once the Girl student finds she is eligible for the scholarship, she can proceed further. The key eligibility criteria for Scholarship are mentioned below:
- Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship 2021 is only for only girl candidates who belong to the six mentioned minority communities which include Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist, Christian, Jain and Parsi religions.
- Only the girl candidates who study in class 9th to class 12th class are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- this Scholarship is for students who have scored at least 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous qualifying examination.
- To apply under this Scholarship, the annual family income of the candidates from all sources should not exceed Rs 2 lakh.
- Through this scholarship scheme, student can study can only in native place therefore candidates studying in abroad for any course are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The student needs to verify all the credentials by the management of school. The student needs to fill the school verification form and get that form signed by the principal along with the signature and stamp on the photograph.
- There is no requirement to send the hard copies to the department of Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF).
- Only two students from a minority family can claim for this scholarship.
- The candidate does not have to pay any kind of fees for submitting the application form of Scholarship.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship – Documents Required
While filling up the application form of Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship 2021, some important documents will be needed by the students, make sure to keep them handy. The size of each document should not exceed 200 KB. The documents uploaded should be in jpg, pdf or png format. The following are the important documents that must be uploaded while filling the application form of thisf Scholarship:
- Applicant’s Recent passport size photograph
- Applicant’s Aadhaar card
- Applicant’s School verification form attested by the Principal of the school
- Applicant’s Mark sheet of the last exam passed attested by the Principal
- Parent’s income certificate issued by a competent authority declared by the State/UTs Administration.
- Applicants Self-declaration certificate of minority community
- Applicant’s self-certified copy of the first page of bank/postal account passbook (either single or joint account with her parents)
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship 2021 – Application Procedure
To facilitate the candidates and to simplify the application for this scholarship, the Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF) has given permission to the students to apply online. You can easily apply for this scholarship through the following steps.
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship. After this, the home page of the website will open in front of you.
- On the home page of the website, you have to click on the “New Registration” option. After this, the next page will open in front of you.
- On this page, general instructions will be displayed in front of you, which have to be read carefully.
- Now you have to click on the “Continue with the Registration” option. After this, the registration form will open in front of you.
- In this form you have to enter the details of the following information asked like-
- Class of applying
- Name of student
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Date of birth
- State of domicile
- Institution / School state
- Institution / School district
- The Institution / School / DISE / AISHE / registration number
- INstitution / school name
- Institution / School address
- Mobile number
- After entering the above information, you have to click on the “Submit” button.
- In this way your application under scholarship will be successful.
Note: There is no renewal process for the application of this scheme, so the applicant will have to submit a new application form every time.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship – Application Status
You can check the status of Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship application by following the given tapes.
- First, you need to rush to the Official Website of the Maulana Azad Education Foundation
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the “STATUS” option in the menu.
- A new page will open in front of you. Here you have to choose the following details.
- Scholarship Category
- Identification Details
- DOB (MM/DD/YYY)
- After selecting all these details, fill the CAPTCHA code and click on the “View Application Status” button.
- Now the status of the scholarship application will appear on your computer and mobile screen.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship – Selection Procedure
All those candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria and are selected for the Scholarship considers the following selection process:
- The candidates for the Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship 2021 are selected on the basis of their annual family income.
- The candidates with at least 50% of marks in the previous examination are also one of the selection criteria.
- There are a fixed number of scholarships for each State or UTs. It will be decided based on the minority population in that respective state. However, candidates having the lowest family income will be given first preference during the distribution of the scholarship.
- The final selected candidates will receive the scholarship amount through the DBT process.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship – Rewards
Students who get selected for Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship receives the amount of scholarship which covers the Tuition fee, books & stationery expenses, boarding/lodging charges. Table below gives the complete details of reward offered to the students:
|Class 9 and 10||Tuition fee, books & stationery expenses, boarding/lodging charges||Rs.5,000 per student|
|Class 11 and 12||College/School fee, books & stationery expenses, boarding/lodging charges||Rs.6,000 per student|
National Scholarship Scheme – About
Another scholarship has also been announced by the Central Government for the minority class. It has been named the National Scholarship Scheme. Applications for pre matriculation and post matric scholarship are accepted every year through the National Scholarship Scheme (NSP) portal.
Under this scholarship, applications can be made for studying from class 9 to postgraduate. Selection under NSP Scholarship is done on the basis of merit list and document verification. If you want to know more about this scheme then click on NSP Scholarship.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship – Renewal Policy
There is no renewal policy of applying for the Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship because as the applications for this Scholarship are open for all the classes from class 9 to class 12 therefore every time Students need to apply for a fresh scholarship in order to avail the benefits of this minority scholarship. The Scholarship once awarded to the students may be renewed in the subsequent years on the submission of pass out certificate which will specify that the student has passed the previous examination with at least 50% of marks in the first attempt.
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship – Terms & Conditions
Following are the terms and conditions that a candidate should keep in mind while going through the procedure of Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship:
- As per the census 2011 in each state or UT Begum Hazrat Scholarship is disbursed among candidates on the basis of the minority populations.
- During the distribution of the scholarships preference is given to those students which have the lowest family income from all sources.
- Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship allows students to study only in their native places therefore candidates studying in abroad for any course are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Candidate should only submit the application form once. If a candidate submits more than one form than the form is considered to be duplicate and thus the form is rejected.
- For transferring the scholarship amount into the Beneficiary account Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode is used.
- Student availing for the Scholarship cannot migrate to another educational institution unless there is an exceptional situation. And then the migration should be in the interest of the student’s academic career.
- If the student has academic gap in her studies then the scholarship will be discontinued.
- Candidates who have already applied for any other scholarship implemented by State or Central government is not eligible for this Scholarship.
- If in case the management finds that the candidate has given any false information to get the scholarship then in that case Scholarship will get cancelled and the paid scholarship amount is recovered by the State/UT government.
- All the rules and regulation mentioned by the authority of Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF) are subjected to change from time-to-time.
Contact Us –
If you face any kind of problem while applying online, you can get help on phone number and email ID to all senior officers given here.
- Shri Rizwanur Rahman
- Phone: 011-23583788, 011-23583789
- Fax: 011-23561945
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shri Gulam Waris Khan
- (Scholarship – Incharge)
- Phone: 011-23583788, 011-23583789
- Email: email@example.com
Nodal Agency Address
- Maulana Azad Campus,Chelmsford Road,
- Opposite New Delhi Railway Reservation Centre.
- New Delhi 110 055
We hope that you find all the information presented through the Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship helpful. In the above article, we have tried to give you all the important insight and provide answers to all your questions. In case you still have any questions left, then leave a comment below in the comment box. You can also bookmark our website for future reference.
What is Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship?
This Scholarship is a national level scholarship for minority community girl students. Introduced by the Maulana Azad Education Foundation, Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India, this scheme supports the education of girl students studying in Class 9 to 12. This scheme was earlier known with the name of Maulana Azad Scholarship for Girls.
What is the qualification and marks required to apply for Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship?
Students in Class 9 to 12 are eligible for this Scholarship and 50% is the minimum marks required to apply for this scholarship.
What are the application starting and closing dates for Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship?
15th July 2019 is the starting date where as 31st October 2019 is the closing date for this Scholarship.
What is the amount of scholarship given to students under Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship?
This Scholarship provides a scholarship amount of INR 5000 to class 9th and 10th students. While as INR 6000 is rewarded to class 11th and 12th students under this scholarship.
Is Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship available to all state students?
Yes, female candidates from minority community all over the country can apply for this scholarship as it is a national scholarship.
Is Maulana Azad Scholarship for Girls same as Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship?
Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship is the new name of Maulana Azad Scholarship