Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship offer a golden opportunity to study for a UK master’s degree living in the UK and working in their home country. The Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship 2021 Scheme was established in 2002, as part of the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission’s (CSC) and Department’s commitment to international development (DFID) ‘s search for new methods of scholarship delivery. Approximately 1,000 education scholarships have been awarded by this scholarship so far.
This scholarship will be awarded to citizens of lower-middle-income Commonwealth countries. The mission of the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship is to uphold the Commonwealth principles while contributing to the UK’s international development, foreign interest, and support in higher education. The scholarship is in place to contribute to the development needs of Commonwealth countries. Therefore, the best possible way would help the main development areas of developed poor nations. This distance education scholarship is awarded to talented and motivated applicants, who are eligible for it. Scholarships are offered under six subjects;
- Science and Technology for Development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crisis
- Admission, Inclusion and Opportunities
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship – Comprehensive Details
Applications Commonwealth Distance Education Scholarship that the UK Department for International Development (DFID), while living and in your home country. Commonwealth distance learning scholarship are funded by working in the UK. Providing study opportunities for a PhD or Master’s degree are open to scholarships. The scholarships are also gifted and motivated to gain the knowledge and skills needed for sustainable development Individuals are competent, and for the financial and other reasons of these scholarships.
Its main purpose is to provide education to all those students who are unable to study in the UK, and to provide training for skilled and qualified professionals in key development areas contributing to the development needs of the Commonwealth countries. Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships will benefit from full non-payment of all course fees for the three-year program beginning in September 2021.Recipients of this award for applicants pursuing MSc in Prosthetic / DMLT Rehabilitation Studies and M.Sc. in Rehabilitation Studies for programs Only available.
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship – Highlights
|Scholarship Name||Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship|
|Launched By||Commonwealth Scholarship Commission’s (CSC) and Department’s commitment to international development (DFID)|
|Objective||Provide scholarship students.|
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship – Last Date
|Start Date of Online application||15 March 2021|
|last for the application||26 April 2021|
Note – The given dates are for the academic year, they may change every year at the scholarship provider’s discretion.
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the Commonwealth Distance Education Scholarship, students must complete the following eligibility –
- Be a British citizen or given refugee status from an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British protected person.
- Permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Hold a first-degree standard of at least upper second class (2: 1); A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in some cases
- Without this scholarship, be unable to purchase to study your chosen course.
- Some eligible Couturiers for this Scholarship are given below –
- Bangladesh, Cameroon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guyana, India, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia.
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship – Documents Required
The students need to submit following documents while applying for this scholarship.
- Valid passport or national identity card (showing your photo, date of birth, and nationality)
- Submit at least one reference directly through the application system. However, an email request will be sent to present the recommendations of your referee.
- Admit card for distance learning syllabus for the academic year 2019-2020
- Transcripts of previous study program
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship – Application Procedure
The students can apply for this scholarship through both online and offline mode. Follow the steps given below to start your application process.
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship, where its homepage will be in front of you.
- On the homepage, you have to go to the “About Us” tab and click on the option of “Scholarships”.
- Now you have to select all the scholarships given in it by clicking on one of the options.
- After this, you will see all types of information for the selected scholarship, and click on “Apply Now”.
- You have to fill all the information given in the application, and upload all the documents sought.
- Now before submitting your application, you have to check all the information, after that you have to come and click on “Submit” button.
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship – Selection Procedure
The process of selection of the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship program is a multi-step process. Students are selected on the basis of their academic performance and financial need and after that the candidates are asked to interview. The final selection is made on the basis of merit, interview and financial needs. The main steps of the selection process are given below.
- The United Kingdom will conduct separate recruitment to participating universities and select students eligible for distance learning scholarships.
- Then, by 12 June 2021 further initials of the selected applicants for the Commonwealth Selection Committee.
- July 2021, selected applicants will be notified by the participating universities.
- The selection criteria are based on the educational qualification and the potential impact of the applicant on the development of his / her home country.
Contact Us –
If you have any queries about this scholarship please, contact n the following helplines.
We hope that you find all the information presented through Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship helpful. In the above article, we have tried to give you all the important insight and provide answers to all your questions. In case you still have any questions left, then leave a comment below in the comment box. You can also bookmark our website for future reference.
What is the main objective of Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship?
Its main purpose is to provide education to all those students who are unable to study in the UK, and to provide training for skilled and qualified professionals in key development areas contributing to the development needs of the Commonwealth countries.
Who can apply for Commonwealth Scholarship?
To apply for a Commonwealth Scholarship, you must be a citizen or permanent resident of a Commonwealth country. You also require at least an upper second-class bachelor’s honour’s degree.
Does the Commonwealth cover scholarships?
A Commonwealth scholarship covers fees, approved rent, and personal maintenance. Other scholarships, awards or aid that cover the same cost cannot be held concurrently. CSC does not require any candidates to take an IELTS (English language) examination.