Online applications for the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship are invited by the University of Cambridge. Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship 2021 is primarily meant for Indian Citizens who want to pursue a doctoral level of studies at St. John’s College, Cambridge. The scholarship was named after the former Prime Minister of India. This Scholarship was started in the year 2009. This scholarship is a relief for all those students who cannot spend their doctoral studies in higher education and undergraduate.
When dr. When Manmohan Singh received his bachelor’s degree in BA-Economics in the year 1957, he was considered as an Honorary Fellow at St. John’s College. His experience at Cambridge left a deep impression on him that decades later, he voluntarily gave his name to the scholarship scheme. The major objective of this scholarship is to provide an opportunity to exceptionally meritorious candidate from India to pursue doctoral studies at St. John’s College, Cambridge.
Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship 2021- Comprehensive Details
The main aim of Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship is to provide an opportunity to exceptionally meritorious candidate from India to pursue doctoral studies at St. John’s College, Cambridge with special emphasis on subjects like Social Sciences, Economics, Science and Technology. Those candidates, who have the potential to become future leaders in their respective fields can avail this scholarship. You will get more information about this in this article.
Through this article, we will provide you complete information related to the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship. What documents will you need for the scholarship? What eligibility criteria do you have to fulfill for this scholarship? What is the application process for this? For this, the following steps will be given, following which you can simplify the application process. Through this, you will also get answers to all your questions.
Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship – Highlights
|Name of the Scholarship Programme||Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship|
|Launched by||St Johns College, Cambridge|
|Scholarship Type||Merit-Based, College-Specific|
|Objective of Scholarship||The main aim of this scholarship is to provide an opportunity to exceptionally meritorious candidate from India to pursue doctoral studies at St. John’s College, Cambridge|
|Method of Application||Online|
|Applicable for||Indian students|
Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship – Last Date
The following are the important key dates which students must keep in mind before filling up the application form of this Scholarship.
|Last Date to Apply for the Scholarship||15 January 2021|
|Interview Dates||Between April 2021 and June 2021|
|Declaration of selection results||June 2021|
|Commencement of the Doctoral Programme||In the month of September/October 2020|
Note – The given dates are for the academic year, they may change every year at the scholarship provider’s discretion.
Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who are willing to fill the form of this Scholarship need to check the following eligibility criteria. Before proceeding to fill up the registration form, make sure to check the required eligibility criteria given below. Read below to know the eligibility related to academic qualification, course, family income etc.
- The age of the candidates must be below 35 years as on 31 December 2020.
- The candidates must have a postgraduate i.e. master’s degree from a recognised Indian university or institution.
- Candidates must have obtained a first-class award in UG and PG in relevant field or subject.
- Candidates must be able to provide evidence of their leadership qualities through their personal statements.
- Candidates must be willing to pursue a full-time doctoral degree from the University of Cambridge.
- Candidates must be Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Candidates must also be able to fulfil the admission criteria of the University.
Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship – Documents Required
Before filling up the application of Manmohan Singh Scholarship, candidates must keep following important documents available to them to make their application process fast.
- Applicant’s UG and PG degree certificate and transcript
- Applicants two Academic or Professional reference
- Applicant’s Resume
- Applicant’s Research proposal
- Applicant’s Statement of purpose or personal essay
Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship – Application Procedure
After checking your eligibility criteria, you can proceed further by filling up your application form. You can fill your application form in online mode. Read below to know the complete step by step procedure of filling up the application form.
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of the University of Cambridge. Where its home page will open on your screen.
- On the homepage of the website, you need to make formal application to the
- Click on the applicant’s portal, registration form will open in front of you where candidate needs to register.
- Now, candidates need to select St John’s College as their first choice College on their application form.
- Also, if asked indicate that you are applying for the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship.
- Once the candidate has an offer of a place at the University of Cambridge, he/she needs to fill the scholarship application form available on its official notification and submit the form before the deadline.
Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship – Selection Procedure
Students who fulfill all the eligibility criteria for this scholarship are selected based on the criteria set down by the management. Read below to know about the selection process in detail.
- The Cambridge University follows a strict selection process to select applicants for the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship 2021.
- The initial shortlisting of all the candidates is done by the Selection Committee,
- After that a personal skype interview is conducted for all the shortlisted candidates. The interviews will be conducted between April and June 2020.
- Within a month after the Skype interview session, the names of the selected students are announced.
- The selection committee selects some students for the scholarship, so its decision is subject to consensus.
- After selection, St. John’s College will coordinate with the shortlisted students for pre-departure, travel arrangements and U.K. student visas.
Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship – Rewards
Applicants who are selected for the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship will enjoy the following benefits.
- Academic fees
- UK Visa
- International airfare
- A monthly stipend for covering the living expenses
Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship – Important Terms and Conditions
If you want to enjoy the benefits of the Manmohan Singh Scholarship, you also need to adhere to the following terms and conditions set by the–
- The application form is received through St. John’s College through e-mail. For this purpose, candidates are requested to provide their latest email ids. However, the College will not be responsible for the failure of on-line delivery.
- St John’s College will further contact only candidates who have reached the later stages of the University’s selection procedure. These applicants will be asked to provide further information to support their application. This complete information given on the Graduate Application Form is used to prepare the shortlist of students.
- St John’s will contact the short-listed applicants inviting them for interviews. Candidates are requested not to contact St John’s College directly.
- Short-listed applicants will be interviewed by Skype between April and June
2020. Applicants will be expected to make their own travel and accommodation arrangements, if necessary.
Contact Us –
For further details or in case any query related to this Scholarship, feel free to contact on the below provided E-mail ID.
- Email: email@example.com
We hope that you find all the information presented through Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship helpful. In the above article, we have tried to give you all the important insight and provide answers to all your questions. In case you still have any questions left, then leave a comment below in the comment box. You can also bookmark our website for future reference.
When is the last date to apply for Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarship?
The last date to apply for thi Scholarship is 15 January 2020
What are the number of vacancies for Manmohan Singh Scholarship?
The number of vacancies for this Scholarship is one.