E Medhabruti Scholarship is offered by the Government of Odisha for the students of its state. The objective of this scholarship is to encourage students with excellent academic record to come forward and complete their higher education. The students pursuing general degree, Professional degree and technical degree can apply for E Medhabruti Scholarship 2021. The Odisha Government along with the Department of Higher Education has announce various scholarship in past few years for the betterment of students.
The E Medhabruti Scholarship is stepped to promote higher education among the students who come from financially backward families. The students of classes 11th to post-graduation can enrol for this scholarship. The students who are domiciles of Odisha state are eligible for this scholarship. Every year a total of 24,500 scholarships are distributed under the E Medhabruti Scholarship to the needy students. These scholarships offer financial assistance up to Rs.10,000 to each and every student.
E Medhabruti Scholarship 2021 – Comprehensive Details
E Medhabruti Scholarship is implemented by the Government of Odisha. Its main objective is to educate the students in the field of technical and vocational education. To encourage the students, the government has implemented the E Medhabruti Scholarship 2021 for the meritorious students. All those students who are financially weak can apply for this scholarship. All students studying from class 11 to post graduation can apply for this.
A total of 24,500 scholarships are disbursed under this scholarship, which each student receives up to 10,000. In this article, we will tell you in full detail about this scholarship. What are the eligibility criteria for this scholarship? What the application procedure for the application and renewal form? What are the main documents for this scholarship? you will find all the answers in the article given below.
E Medhabruti Scholarship – Highlights
|Scholarship Name||E Medhabruti Scholarship|
|Launched By||Government of Odisha|
|Objective||To provide scholarship to the students of Odisha|
E Medhabruti Scholarship – Complete List
Under the E Medhabruti, the government offers 4 different scholarships. These scholarships are Junior Merit, Senior Merit, PG Merit, Technical & Professional Merit. The students pursuing general degree courses, Professional courses, and Technical courses are eligible to apply under these scholarships. in the table given below, we have shared with you the name of these scholarships covered, their time-period, and the number of scholarships distributed among the students.
|Scholarship Name||Time-Period for Scholarships||Number of Scholarships|
|Junior Merit Scholarship||2 years||10,000 scholarships (distributed with the ratio of 50:50 among girls and boys)|
|Senior Merit Scholarship||3 years||3,000 scholarships (distributed with the ratio of 50:50 among girls and boys)|
|PG Merit Scholarship||2 years||1,500 scholarships (distributed with the ratio of 50:50 among girls and boys)|
|Technical & Professional Merit Scholarships||As per the course||10,000 scholarships (stream-wise distribution among students)|
E Medhabruti Scholarship – Last Date
|Start of New Application||01st April 2021|
|E Medhabruti 2021 Last Date to Apply||31st May 2021|
Note – The given dates are for the academic year, they may change every year at the scholarship provider’s discretion.
E Medhabruti Scholarship – List of Courses
- B.Sc. (Nursing)
- Bachelor in Physiotherapy
- Veterinary Science
- Engineering & Architecture
- Forestry Science
- Agriculture Engineering
- Agriculture Science
- Home Science
- Bachelor in Ayurvedic
- Bachelor in Homeopathy
- Fishery Science
- Hotel & Hospitality Management
- 5-year Integrated Law
- 5 years Integrated MCA
- Master in Financial Control (MFC)
- 2 Year PGDM
- 2 Year MCA
- 3 Year BCA
- 5 years of Integrated MBA
- Other Technical/Professional Courses
E Medhabruti Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Under this scholarship, the students must fulfill certain conditions in order to get selected for the scholarship of their choice. The students pursuing 11th to post-graduation are eligible to apply for this scholarship. In the table given below, we have shared with you all the details regarding qualification, the percentage required, courses, etc.
|Scholarship Name||Eligibility Criteria|
|Junior Merit Scholarship||The applicants must have passed their 12th standard or HSC with a minimum of 60% marks from any recognized institute.|
The applicant must be pursuing +2 courses in 10+2 pattern.
|Senior Merit Scholarship||The applicants must have passed their +2 CHSE, Odisha board 12th standard minimum 60% marks from any recognized institute.|
The applicant must be pursuing a general degree or +3 courses from any approved college/institute/university.
|PG Merit Scholarship||The applicant must have passed a +3 courses degree minimum 60% marks from any recognized institute.T|
The applicant must be pursuing a regular course from any approved college/institute/university.
|Technical & Professional Merit Scholarships||The applicant must have passed 12th from CBSE/CHSE/ ICSE or a +3 degree (for MBA/MCA/MFC/MSW) from with minimum 60% marks from any approved institute.|
The applicant must be pursuing a regular professional/technical course from any approved college/institute/university.
Note: Family annual income of the applicant should be less than Rs.6 lakhs from all sources.
E Medhabruti Scholarship – Students Who Are Not Eligible
The students who belong to following categories are not eligible for this scholarship
- Students whose annual family income is more than Rs 6 lakh, are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Students who are getting their higher education through distance education.
- If students are domicile of any other state except Odisha, then they cannot apply for this scholarship.
- Students doing diploma courses are not eligible to apply for this.
- NRI Students also cannot apply for this.
- Students who B.Ed., M.Ed. M.Phil. And are not eligible for PhD, PG and technical or vocational scholarships.
E Medhabruti Scholarship – Documents Required
The students must submit the following documents while filling the application form. the students must submit all the documents asked as the absence of any documents can lead to rejection of your form.
- Photocopy of the Residence Certificate issued by the competent authority like Tahasildar/Addl. Tahasildar.
- Citizen Proof issued by the organization if the candidate’s parents work as employees of Odisha State Govt.
- Income Certificate issued by the Revenue Officer, or someone who is not below the rank of Tahasildar/Addl. Tahasildar.
- Certificate and Marksheets of last qualifying exam.
- The first page of the applicant’s bank passbook containing the account number and IFSC code.
E Medhabruti Scholarship – Application procedure
The students can follow the application procedure given below to apply this scholarship.
- First of all, the students must visit the official website, the homepage of the website will open on your screen.
- On the home page of the website, you have to click on the option “APPLY SCHOLARSHIP“. After this, the next page will open in front of you.
- After this, you have to choose the scholarship according to you.
- The application form will open on your screen, fill all the required information like name, mobile number, address signature etc.
- Now, fill your personal account details carefully.
- Pint out 2 copies of that form, sign on one copy and submit it to the Principal’s office and keep the 2nd copy to yourself.
- The principal will send that form to the office of Higher Education Department.
E Medhabruti Scholarship – Selection Procedure
The selection of the students is done through the following process. The selection is done on the basis of the qualifying marks and family annual income of the candidates.
- The candidates must fulfil all the eligibility conditions decided for different scholarships.
- The Principal of the candidates’ school/institute must authenticate/certify the students record.
- The selection committee also takes into account the marks secured by the applicant in the last qualifying exam.
- Is there is a tie between marks scored by the students then, their family annual income is taken into consideration and person with lower family annual income is given preference.
E Medhabruti Scholarship – Renewal Form
In order to avail of this scholarship in further classes also, you have been given some steps by which you can renew your form –
- The students who are recipients of E Medhabruti Scholarship receive the scholarship for the specified period of time.
- Once, that period ends the scholarship is discontinued.
- To continue the scholarship the student must fill the renewal form of E Medhabruti Scholarship.
- The renewal form is dived into 3 parts, the applicants have to fill personal information and institute details in 1st and 2nd part respectively and in the 3rd part the students must fill his/her personal bank account information.
E Medhabruti Scholarship – Terms and Conditions
There are certain rules and regulations that a student must keep in mind before filling the application form.
- The scholarships are distributed among male and female students with the ratio of 50:50.
- The students should not so multiple registration/application for the special category of the merit scholarships as this would lead to the rejection of the application form.
- If the candidate provides any false information or forged data then the scholarship will be cancelled at any stage.
- The students who are not approved by their college/institute are considered invalid.
- The students must remember to take a print of the last page once they have completed their application process for future references.
E Medhabruti Scholarship – Rewards
The students are offered monetary benefits for a specified period of time under e-Medhabruti. The scholarships are disbursed in the ratio of 50:50 among male and female students. The number of scholarships and amount vary under different scholarships. In the table given below we have shared with u detailed information about the duration of scholarship, amount provided and number of scholarships. the scholarship amount will be transferred directly to the personal account of the candidates through DBT (Direct Bank Transfer).
|Category of merit||No. of scholarship||Rate of scholarship per year||Duration of scholarship|
(Boys: Girls – 50:50 ratio)
(Boys: Girls – 50:50 ratio)
(Boys: Girls – 50:50 ratio)
|Technical/Professional||10000||10000/-||As per course duration|
Contact Us –
If you any queries about the E Medhabruti Scholarship then, please contact on these helplines.
Department of Higher Education Government of Odisha
- Postal Address – The Deputy Secretary (Scholarship), Higher Education Department, Odisha Secretariat, Bhubaneswar- 751001
- Phone Number – +91 6742396550
- Email Id- email@example.com
We hope that you find all the information presented through E Medhabruti Scholarship helpful. In the above article, we have tried to give you all the important insight and provide answers to all your questions. In case you still have any questions left, then leave a comment below in the comment box. You can also bookmark our website for future reference.
Which students are eligible for e-Medhabruti Scholarship?
The students studying form class 11th to post-graduation and pursuing general courses, technical courses and professional courses. The family annual income of the candidate should be less than Rs.6 Lakhs and he/she should be a domicile of Odisha state.
Are the students pursuing education through distance learning eligible under this scholarship?
No, the students pursuing full-time and regular degree are only eligible to apply for this scholarship.
What are the benefits that are offered under this scholarship?
The students are provided financial assistance up to Rs.10,000. The amount varies according to the class and course a student is pursuing.