Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, invited applications from postgraduate degree holders in Kolkata for IACS Kolkata School of Physical Sciences (SPS) Research Associateship 2021. Essential Qualification: A candidate must have a first or higher second-class M.Sc. Degree in Physics with a minimum average of 55% marks (Hons.) In B.Sc. and M.Sc. due to presenting the thesis preferably within three months with considerable research experience by publishing in peer-reviewed journals in the field of experimental condensed matter physics Has obtained PhD in Physics / Materials Science / Physical Sciences or with exams for good overall academic record. The candidate who has his / her Ph.D. Thesis is expected to be submitted within three months of the deadline for this application mentioned above. The above-mentioned deadline above three months can also be applied with a separate declaration form given by the candidate’s supervisor.
The field of IACS Kolkata School of Physical Sciences (SPS) Research Associateship research is “Quantum Condensed Matter Physics, with special emphasis on strongly correlated Ultracold atoms.” The selected candidate focused on will receive a salary of INR 47,000 plus HRA per month. Desirable: A candidate having proven expertise through peer-reviewed publications in the field of experimentally condensed matter physics desirable. The candidate using sputtering or pulsed laser deposition techniques specializes in the manufacture of heterostructures of thin films and magnetic, ferroelectric or multiferroic materials Should be He / she should have experience in structural, morphological and wide range of property characterization techniques for hand, electric, magnetic, dielectric, ferroelectric, piezoelectric and related alternative energy applications. Knowing how to manufacture nano scale devices and how to operate high precision electrical devices and high vacuum chambers will be desired. Having basic computational skills in LabVIEW is a plus but optional to implement in this situation.
IACS Kolkata School of Physical Sciences (SPS) Research Associateship – Eligibility Criteria
All the eligibility requirements for this fellowship are given below.
- The first is one or higher second-class M.Sc. degree in Physics, B.Sc. (Hons.) And M.Sc. examination with a minimum average of both 55% marks.
- Has a good overall academic record and a Ph.D. Regarding the degree obtained or to submit the thesis within three months.
- His / her Ph.D. Submit the thesis within three months of the deadline for this application mentioned above (can also apply).
|Last Date for the Application||24th May 2021|
Note – The given dates are for the academic year, they may change every year at the scholarship provider’s discretion.
- Complete course life (mention of all educational qualifications with percentage of marks obtained, e-mail address, date of birth, contact number, permanent residential address).
- Students will be paid Rs 47,000 per month and HRA salary through this Associateship.
IACS Kolkata School of Physical Sciences (SPS) Research Associateship – Application Procedure
Eligible candidates can apply for the fellowship by following the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, you have to Prepare an application with curriculum vitae with your fully personal and professional details.
- Now, email this Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org with supporting documents.
- In this way you can complete your application.
- Students will be selected on the basis of their performance in the interview.
Terms and conditions
- The position is purely temporary, and the candidate shall have no authority for any permanent position in (clear or unclear) institution.
- Any TA will be acceptable to participate in the interview.
- Interviewing via video-based facility, such as Skype, is still subject to permission for the availability of the required connection.
- Krishnendu Sengupta, Senior Professor, School of Physical Sciences, IACS, Jadavpur, Kolkata-700 032,
- Phone: +91-33-2473-4971; Extn.:2192
- Email: email@example.com
We hope that you find all the information presented through IACS Kolkata School of Physical Sciences (SPS) Research Associateship helpful. In the above article, we have tried to give you all the important insight and provide answers to all your questions. In case you still have any questions left, then leave a comment below in the comment box. You can also bookmark our website for future reference.