The IET India Scholarship Award 2021 has been instituted by the Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET), with the main objective of recognizing and nurturing India’s future engineering leaders. This is the 5th edition of the scholarship launched by the institute which will be given to undergraduate engineering students to reward their creativity, innovation, leadership and excellence. Students who are in 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of engineering program can avail scholarships up to Rs. 5,00,000.
IET is one of the world’s largest professional societies for engineers that works together with industry, academia and government to build a better world. Eminent engineers like Shri Ratan Tata (Former Chairman, Tata Sons), NR Narayana Murthy (Chairman Emeritus, Infosys) and TV Ramachandran (President, Broadband India Forum and Ex-Resident Director, Vodafone) are considered Honorary Fellows of IET, seeing Students keep themselves motivated.
IET India Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
- Application under the scholarship is open to students studying in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th year of full time regular undergraduate engineering program (in any field) approved by AICTE/UGC.
- It is mandatory for applicants to clear all regular credit courses in a single attempt.
- Applicants can apply for this scholarship if they have scored at least 60% in aggregate or equivalent CGPA of at least 6.5 on a 10-point scale in the semesters cleared so far.
- It is mandatory for applicants to obtain more than 60% marks or equivalent grade in class 12 (or equivalent).
Note: The application is open to all IET members and non-members and to all branches of engineering recognized by AICTE/UGC.
|Last Date for the Application||31st Aug 2021|
Note – The given dates are for the academic year, they may change every year at the scholarship provider’s discretion.
- DU Scholarship 2021
- AICTE GATE Scholarship 2021
- Marang Gomke Jaipal Singh Munda Transnational Scholarship
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2021
The scholarship will be provided to the selected students as follows-
For the regional round of selection
There will be at least 4 regional rounds under this scholarship and the scholarship award will be as follows –
- Regional Round Winner – INR 50,000 + Certificate
- Regional Round Runner-up – INR 25,000 + Certificate
for the national final
The winners of the regional round will compete for the national final and the scholarship award will be as follows –
- Winner – INR 1,20,000 + Certificate
- First Runner-up – INR 80,000 + Certificates
- 2nd Runner-up – INR 60,000 + Certificate
Note: If a student wins scholarship at both regional and national level, he/she will be awarded certificate for both the level and prize money for national level only.
There is no need to attach any kind of documents while applying under the scholarship.
IET India Scholarship Award – Application Procedure
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of IET India Scholarship. After this the home page of the website will open in front of you.
- On the home page of the website, you have to click on the “Register now” button. After this a form will open for you.
- In this form, you have to enter the asked information and click on submit button.
- Once registered, you have to login through registered email id and password.
- Now you have to enter personal details, academic information, professional activities and co-curricular activity etc.
- After entering all the required information, you have to submit the application.
We hope that you find all the information presented through IET India Scholarship Award 2021 helpful. In the above article, we have tried to give you all the important insight and provide answers to all your questions. In case you still have any questions left, then leave a comment below in the comment box. You can also bookmark our website for future reference.