The Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship goes to the UGC Scholarship, it is offered by the University Grants Commission. Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship 2021 has been done to improve the level of education of girls of the country. Several steps are being taken to improve the level of girl education in the country, this scholarship is also one of them. Only those students who are the only children of their parents are eligible to apply for it. The selected girl students are provided financial assistance of INR 36,200 per year.
Government of India declared primary education as a basic human right of every child. The Government of India has taken several steps to uplift the status of women by implementing various schemes including free education for girls named Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship. We will provide you information about this Scholarship through this article, you will get all kinds of information like below; Application process, eligibility criteria, documents and awards etc. will be received.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship 2021 – Comprehensive Details
It is observed that in some states the number of girls is decreasing compared to boys, which is a matter of great concern. Women are also forced to give birth to a male child. There is a need to take control of their lives in such circumstances and will prepare them to use the education of women in effective means for their empowerment and education. The mentality that was against girls could not keep pace with economic progress and literacy. Therefore, Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship has been started, which provides support to the girl students.
Through this article, we will talk about all the important details used in the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship 2021. All students are requested to read or understand all the information carefully and take full advantage of it. In this article we will talk about different aspects of this UGC Scholarship. What are the eligibility criteria for this scholarship? Which students can apply for this scholarship? What is the application procedure for this scholarship? You will find answers to all your questions in the article given below.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship – Highlights
|Scholarship Name||Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship|
|Launched By||UGC – Government of India|
|Objective||To provide scholarship to students.|
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship – Last Date
The date of declaration of this single girl’s scholarship varies from year to year. However, the scholarship application period usually starts in the month of July every year.
|Last Date for Application||20 January 2021|
Note – The given dates are for the academic year, they may change every year at the scholarship provider’s discretion.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible for this University Grants Commission Scholarship, applicants must have girls studying in Universities / Colleges / UGC, State / Central Government recognized institutions or are institutions of national importance. Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship’s Eligibility Criteria are given below in following points.
- Applicants must be accepted into a regular, full-time 1 year master’s degree course at any designated university degree or postgraduate college.
- Female candidates should be the only child of her parents. Candidates should not have any siblings, however, female students who are twin daughters / fraternal daughters can apply for this UGC Scholarship.
- students should not be more than 30 years of age at the time of admission to PG program.
- students admitted to PG course through distance education mode are not eligible for this scholarship.
- In addition, there are no income criteria for students to be eligible for this scholarship.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship – Documents Required
There are some important documents that applicants should keep with them while filling this Scholarship Application Form. Given below is the list of all the required documents that applicants need to complete the application process.
- Scanned copy of Aadhaar enrolment / Aadhaar card.
- Passport size photograph of the applicant.
- Self-attested copy of previous academic mark sheet.
- Fee Receipt of Current Course Year.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship – Application Procedure
The entire process has been done online as the process of the scholarship application is easy and simple for the applicants. Applicants can apply for this UGC scholarship through the official portal of the National Scholarship Portal. Follow the steps given below to fill the this Scholarship Application Form.
- Candidates first need to register with NSP as a new user to apply to NSP.
- Fill all the required information and click ‘Register’ to register. Your application ID and password is generated, and send to the registered mobile number.
- Female candidates need to log in to the NSP using the new generated ID and password. Using OTP, candidates who have to change their password, which is a mandatory step, are sent to the registered mobile number.
- Once the password is changed, candidates are directed to the applicant’s dashboard page, where the applicants need to click on the ‘Application Form’ to begin the application process.
- Applicants need to provide all the required information such as registration details, educational details, basic details, contact details and scheme details.
- All the necessary documents in support of identity and educational eligibility should be uploaded by the applicants.
- Now, the filled application form should be saved as a draft so that the applicant can check every detail once again to ensure that they are correct.
- Finally, the candidate has to click on the ‘Submit’ button to submit the complete scholarship application form.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship – Awards
To encourage the objective and promote higher education among girls and their parents / guardians, this Single Girls Scholarship provides financial assistance to 3000 girls from across the country every year on a monthly basis for a period of two years. Introduced by UGC. Transferring the scholarship amount directly to the bank account of the award. In addition, students are required to submit a ‘continuation certificate’ at the end of every three months in the prescribed format. Now, let’s find the details of the scholarship award below.
- The selected girl students receive a scholarship amount of INR 3100 per month for a period of 2 years, which covers the entire duration of the postgraduate course, up to 10 months per year.
- The award is distributed to students through a University Grants Commission designated agency from the date of joining their 1st year of PG course.
- The awardees are required to submit a copy of their award letter along with the address and contact number to the nominated agency and report to join.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship – Terms and Conditions
- If they want this University Grants Commission Scholarship to avail, then the candidates have to take some terms and conditions into consideration. Some of the rules and the main rules given below have been associated with this women’s scholarship.
- Only those candidates who are in the first year of PG are definitely eligible for this UGC scholarship.
- students are not liable to receive any additional grant in lieu of hostel fees, medical fees, etc.
- Under this single women scholarship, the host institutions do not charge any tuition fees from the awardees.
- After completion of one year of award of the scholarship amount, the candidates have to submit their progress report on the basis of which funds for the next academic is released to the beneficiaries, in the prescribed format for the nominated bank (Canara Bank).
- This report needs to be duly signed by the head of the university and the registrar or head of the institute or the principal of the college.
- Candidates should note that they are required to refund the entire amount directly to the University Grants Commission account through e-mode (RTGS / NEFT) if the UGC has discontinued their studies without any prior notice.
- The awardees of this scholarship are not deprived of accepting any other scholarship.
- Scholarships can be terminated if the candidates are involved in any type of misconduct, provide incorrect information at any stage of application or score 55% less than 1 year (50% in cases of physically challenged award.
Contact Us –
In case of any query regarding this Scholarship, applicants can submit their queries on email id mentioned below –
- Email ID – firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope that you find all the information presented through Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship helpful. In the above article, we have tried to give you all the important insight and provide answers to all your questions. In case you still have any questions left, then leave a comment below in the comment box. You can also bookmark our website for future reference.
What is the main objective of Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship?
The main objective of this scholarship is to keep pace with the economic progress and literacy of girls, and to provide financial assistance to them.
Who launch Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship?
University Grants Commission – Government of India launch this scholarship.
How can you get UGC Scholarship?
Apply online through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). Apply online through the National Scholarship Portal. Apply online through the National Scholarship Portal.