To Kothari Fellowship whom ‘Dr. DS Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme ‘UGC has launched Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship to enable young researchers and build their research academic career. Kothari Fellowship 2021 gives new PhD holders the opportunity to master the skills and make the transition to cross-disciplinary areas. This Kothari postdoctoral fellowship application in our country has been started to popularize the research culture.
The number of candidates for the Kothari Fellowship will be around 500, who are given a rate of INR 46,500 per month and other benefits Kothari Fellowship. The selection process of this fellowship is open throughout the year and is given for 3 years for research in selected areas. In this article from us, you will get all the details about this fellowship, for this, the prize price, eligibility conditions, application process, and all important information will be given.
Kothari Fellowship 2021 – Comprehensive Details
Kothari Fellowship has been started for Ph.D. degree holders to explore new avenues of research in better settings in the areas of Indian universities. Through this fellowship, financial assistance will be provided to the selected candidates, so that they can continue their research and research. Financial assistance will be routed by Canara Bank to the candidates’ account through DBT platform, no other bank is valid.
This fellowship will be applicable in the fields chosen by the candidates, which will not be more than 3 years and can be applied any year. Mainly the application period of this Fellowship is open all year. On being elected, the winner is issued a fellowship award letter by the department and patron, the duration of which does not exceed 6 months. More information about this fellowship is being circulated further.
Kothari Fellowship – Highlights
The following application period is temporary and may change according to the Fellowship Provider. Some main information of this fellowship is given in the table.
|1.||Award details||A monthly fellowship amount of up to INR 46,500 along with contingency grant, HRA and other benefits|
|2.||Application period *||Remains open all the year round|
|3.||Eligibility||PhD degree holders with the upper age limit of 35 years|
|4.||Application process||Online application submission through the official website of DSKPDF (Dr D. S. Kothari Post-Doctoral Fellowship)|
- Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship 2021
- Chandigarh Scholarship 2021
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2021
Kothari Fellowship – Time Period
The Kothari Post doctoral Fellowship can be applied only for 3 years and at any time in the 3 years in the field chosen by the candidates, so the Kothari Post doctoral Fellowship’s time period remains open throughout the year and when the candidate is being selected for the Kothari Post doctoral Fellowship the candidate has to join the department and the mentor within the time period of 6 months only from the date of issuance of the letter of the award of the fellowship.
Kothari Fellowship – Eligibility Criteria
Kothari Fellowship is a post-doctoral research fellowship distributed to 500 candidates every year to Ph.D. degree holders in the field of science. Through this fellowship, candidates have to choose one of their mentors (affiliated to a university/institute, where this Fellowship is one in ten), for mentorship, the candidate has to obtain the consent of the mentor. The following are the details of the eligibility criteria, which all the candidates have to fulfill to avail the fellowship.
- Candidates applying under this fellowship should have PhD degree related to Faculty of Science.
- The research work of all the candidates should be better, and the unemployed candidates awarded PhD are also eligible for this fellowship.
- The eligibility age of the candidates should not be more than 35 years, in this age relaxation is given to different classes, such as: 3, 5 and 10 years respectively for OBC, SC / ST / Women.
- Those teachers whose age is 35 years, and those working in the athletic posts of educational institutions can also apply for this fellowship.
Kothari Fellowship – Documents Required
For Kothari postdoctoral fellowship application, candidates should keep important documents ready, below is a list of some documents. Which candidates must definitely have?
- D. Job Summary in prescribed format.
- Concept proposal for postdoctoral research in prescribed format.
- Mentor’s CV in prescribed format.
- Graduate and postgraduate certificates.
- Certificate such as Class 10 certificate.
- D. Degree certificate or certificate by PhD guide / registrar of university / institute.
- Original certificate on original letterhead to specify that he is willing to guide the applicant for his / her postdoc research work in the prescribed format.
- NET / SET certificate if applicable
- Reserved category / physically handicapped certificate if applicable.
Kothari fellowship – Application Procedure
To simplify the process of application under the Kothari postdoctoral fellowship scheme, its official website has been approved for online application. For applying for this fellowship, the following guideline is being made available through this article, the applicant should carefully follow the guideline and complete the application process.
- First of all, you have to visit the official website for this fellowship. After this, the home page of the website will open in front of you.
- Click on the “Apply” button on the home page, after which the next page will open in front of you.
- Now, to apply online, you have to click on the request for a login and password.
- From here you will get the login ID and password, through which you have to submit your basic information and request form.
- Upon submission of the request form, a generated e-mail is received by the system, this mail contains guidelines, which you should read carefully so that the information you fill in must be authenticated and verified.
- Next, you will receive an email with a login ID and password.
- Now you can fill the online application form of this Fellowship using your login ID and password.
- You have to complete the application process within 10 days of issuing the login ID and password, as the login ID and password expires after this period.
- While applying, all the required documents have to be uploaded as PDF or DOC files (not more than 100 KB).
- Take a print out of your application and attach all the documents, and send it to the address given below.
- (National Coordinator, Dr. DS Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship Sale, C / O Interdisciplinary School of Scientific Computing, Savitribai Phule University of Pune, Ganeshkhind Post Office, Pune 41100. India)
Note: The Candidates must mention their application ID on the envelope.
Kothari Fellowship – Rewards
The candidate receives the benefit of this Fellowship based on the year of study. In addition to the monthly fellowship amount, the Contingency grant and HRA (House Rent Allowance) is also offered to students.
|1.||Ds Kothari Fellowship amount||The candidates in the Ist year receive a monthly fellowship amount of INR 43,800 .The candidates in the 2nd year receive a monthly fellowship amount of INR 45,000.The candidates in the last year receive a monthly fellowship amount of INR 46,500 per month.|
|2.||Contingency grant||An annual amount of INR 1 Lakh is provided to the candidates as contingency grant.|
|3.||HRA (House Rent Allowance)||The candidates’ applicable HRA as per rules would be paid in case hostel accommodation is not available in the institution.|
- For further queries and details regarding this Fellowship, feel free to contact the coordinator through call /email or visit at the address mentioned below:
- The National Coordinator, Dr. D.S. Kothari Postdoctoral Fellowship Cell,
- C/o Interdisciplinary School of Scientific Computing
- Savitribai Phule Pune University
- Ganeshkhind Post Office
- Pune 411 007. India
- Phone No.: 020 25601406
- Email ID: email@example.com
We hope that you find all the information presented through Kothari Fellowship helpful. In the above article, we have tried to give you all the important insight and provide answers to all your questions. In case you still have any questions left, then leave a comment below in the comment box. You can also bookmark our website for future reference.
How many students can get benefits under the Kothari fellowship?
Kothari Fellowship is awarded to at least 500 eligible candidates.
What are the monetary benefits under the Kothari fellowship?
Kothari scholarship offers benefits up to Rs. 46,500 per month and other benefits.
What is the minimum Qualification need for Kothari fellowship?
The minimum Qualification need for Kothari fellowship is P.HD