Merit cum Means Scholarship for Minorities: The scholarship is basically a grant or payment made by the government and other prestigious organizations to support a student awarded on the basis of education, educational or any other achievement. One of them is the Minority for Merit cum Means Scholarship 2021. Its main objective is to provide financial assistance to poor and meritorious students belonging to minority communities to enable them to pursue vocational and technical courses.
Financial aid will be allowed to pursue graduate and post-graduate level technical and professional courses from a recognized institute. This Merit cum Means Scholarship is for minority communities provided through NSP online and supported by the Government of India. The Government of India will bear the expenses of admission fee, tuition fees, maintenance allowance of eligible students for 10 months in an academic year. The purpose of the Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Minorities is to support the wards of families belonging to minority communities.
Merit Cum Means Scholarship 2021 – Comprehensive Details
The Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Minorities, along with pre and post-matric scholarship schemes, is the flagship program of the Government of Karnataka. Often, a lot of talented and academically talented students do not miss out on education due to financial constraints. This leads to unequal employment opportunities for these students. Minority communities and as such, students who belong to any of these communities as India notified Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Buddhist, Parsi (Zoroastrian) and Jain government to take advantage of this Scholarship Are eligible.
Merit Cum Means Scholarship is just a financial aid provided to poor and meritorious students belonging to minority communities, to enable them with an opportunity to pursue vocational and technical courses at undergraduate or postgraduate level. . This, in turn, would allow them a chance for a bright future. Do you think you are eligible for this scholarship scheme? When do applications open? What are the benefits offered under this scholarship program? How do you apply for this Scholarship?
Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minorities, Karnataka – Highlights
|Scholarship Name||Merit Cum Means Scholarship|
|Launched By||Karnataka Government|
|Objective||To provide scholarship to Students.|
Also Read –
- ePASS Karnataka Scholarship 2021
- Sitaram Jindal Scholarship 2021
- Scholarships for Medical Students 2021
Merit Cum Means Scholarship – Last Date
|Last Date of Application||20th June 2021|
Note – The given dates are for the academic year, they may change every year at the scholarship provider’s discretion.
Merit Cum Means Scholarship – Benefits
The benefits of Merit Cum Means Scholarship are as follows:
- A total of 1 lakh scholarships will be disbursed under this scheme.
- Selected scholars (INR 1,000 per month) will receive INR 12,000 per year.
Merit Cum Means Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
All applicants must meet the following criteria to qualify for the scholarship.
- Students who are students of class 9 are eligible for this.
- A student must have at least 55% marks or an equivalent grade in the Class 8 examination. (5% discount for SC / ST students)
- A student must have at least 55% marks or equivalent grade in class 7 examination to become eligible for selection test (5% relaxation for SC / ST).
- The annual family income of the student must be less than INR 2.5 lakhs from all sources.
Note: The scholarship is applicable for students of class 6 and their continuation / renewal in class 10 and 12 for studying in state government / government aided / local body schools.
Merit Cum Means Scholarship – Application Procedure
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps –
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of Karnataka state Scholarship portal, where you will have its homepage in front of you.
- On the home page, you have to register yourself with your personal details.
- Whenever you registered, you receive your register Username and Password.
- Now you have to login with you Login Credential and after this an application tab will open in front of you.
- In the next, step fill all the required details and upload the documents.
- At the end Click on “Submit” Button to submit the application.
Merit Cum Means Scholarship – Selection Criteria
Students will be selected on the basis of selection test conducted by each state / union territory i.e.,
- Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
- Students are required to pass both tests with at least 40% marks in each (for reserved category, deduction off will be 32% marks).
Terms and conditions
- Students studying in NVS, Sainik School, Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan and private schools cannot apply for this scholarship.
- Through State Bank of India, PFMs distribute scholarships (Public Finance Management System) to the students in their accounts.
- Reservations apply as per state government norms.
- For renewal / continuation of scholarship in class 10 and 12, awardees are required to have 55% marks, out of which 5% relaxation is for SC / ST. Also, in the first attempt, only those who get clear promotion from class 10 and 11 to class 12 are entitled to apply.
- For continuation of scholarship at upper secondary level (class 10), awardees (5% relaxation for SC / ST) in class 10 have to obtain a minimum of 60% marks.
- Whereas class 11 and 10 students of class 9 and 10 are required to apply for scholarship under pre-scholarship category and post-12 are required to apply under scholarship category.
- Mahboob Sab, K.G.S.S Director,Directorate of Minorities
- Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope that you find all the information presented through Merit Cum Means Scholarship helpful. In the above article, we have tried to give you all the important insight and provide answers to all your questions. In case you still have any questions left, then leave a comment below in the comment box. You can also bookmark our website for future reference.