NSP Post Matric Scholarship has been started by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India. Students of various categories like SC, ST and OBC are eligible for NSP Post Matric Scholarship 2021. The main objective of this scholarship is to improve the level of education of the students of the minority class and to provide financial assistance to the students who are unable to complete their higher education due to financial constraints. The students can apply for this scholarship online through the National Scholarship Portal.
This Scholarship is to improve the level of education of underprivileged students. In this article, we will talk in detail about NSP Post Matric Scholarship 2021. What awards are given under this scholarship? What are the eligibility criteria to satisfy the students? What are the terms and conditions of this scholarship? What will be the application process for this scholarship? We will discuss this in detail through this article.
NSP Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities 2021 – Comprehensive Details
The government of India provides the NSP Post Matric Scholarship to students for studying in private colleges/universities. Through this scholarship, the students are also honored according to the state. For this scholarship, mainly from class 11 to Ph.D. Students belonging to minority communities are eligible. Under this scholarship scheme, many awards are given to the students by the government, so that they can improve their level of education.
This scholarship provides assistance to minority students for higher education. Students of SC, ST, OBC, Economically Backward Classes (EBC) are eligible for this scholarship. Students of all minority communities who are unable to provide funds for their education, all of them can avail this scholarship. Eligible students can apply online. NSP Post Matric Scholarship is being provided in various states of India.
NSP Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities – Highlights
|Scheme Name||NSP Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities|
|Launched By||Ministry of Minority Affairs|
|Objective||To provide scholarship to minority students|
Also Read –
NSP Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities – Complete List
|Post Matric Scholarship Tripura||Ministry of Minority Affairs|
|Post Matric Scholarship Karnataka||Ministry of Minority Affairs|
|Post Matric Scholarship Chhattisgarh||Ministry of Minority Affairs|
|Post Matric Scholarship Bihar||Ministry of Minority Affairs|
|Post Matric Scholarship Punjab||Ministry of Minority Affairs|
|CG Post Matric Scholarship||Ministry of Minority Affairs|
|Post Matric Scholarship Rajasthan||Ministry of Minority Affairs|
|Post Matric Scholarship Kerala||Ministry of Minority Affairs|
|Post Matric Scholarship Uttarakhand||Ministry of Minority Affairs|
|Post Matric Scholarship Odisha||Ministry of Minority Affairs|
|Post Matric Scholarship West Bengal||Ministry of Minority Affairs|
|Post Matric Scholarship MP||Ministry of Minority Affairs|
NSP Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities – Last Dates
|Scholarship announcement date||16th August 2020|
|Scholarship closing date||20th January 2021|
|Last date for defective verification||05th February 2021|
|Last date for institute verification||05th February 2021|
Note: -The given dates are for the academic year 2020-21, they may change every year on the scholarship provider’s discretion.
NSP Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities – Benefits
- Admission and tuition fees for classes 11 and 12 (hostels and day scholars) will be provided at Rs 7,000 per year.
- For technical and vocational courses of class 11 and 12, admission and tuition fees (hostels and day scholars) will be provided at Rs 10,000 per year.
- An admission and tuition fee of Rs 3,000 per year will be provided for undergraduates and postgraduates (hostels and day scholars).
- Maintenance allowance for 10 months including educational and vocational courses (hostellers) for classes 11 and 12 will be provided at Rs 380 per month.
- For classes 11 and 12, maintenance allowance for 10 months in the academic year, including technical and vocational courses (Day Scholars), will be provided at Rs 230 per month.
- A maintenance allowance of Rs 570 per month will be provided for 10 months in the academic year for courses other than technical and vocational courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels (hostels).
- A maintenance allowance of Rs 300 per month will be provided for 10 months in the academic year for courses other than technical and vocational courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels (Day Scholars).
- Maintenance allowance for MPhil and PhD (hostels) for 10 months in the academic year will be provided at Rs 1,200 per month.
- For MPhil and PhD (Day Scholars) a maintenance allowance of Rs 550 per month will be provided for 10 months in the academic year.
NSP Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities – Courses
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree courses in Arts, Science & Commerce
- Polytechnic courses
- Research Programmes (Dharma, M.Phil., Ph.D. & Rural Development)
- Nursing (Auxiliary Nursing and Midwifery UG, GNM)
- Integrated LAW LLB, (BBA, B.Sc., UG,)
- Diploma Courses (XI & XII)
- Various Technical & Vocational Courses
- Diploma Courses of Management & Computer Applications, Unger-graduate, and Postgraduate
NSP Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities – Eligibility Criteria
The students need to fulfil all the eligibility conditions given below.
- You must be an Indian citizen to apply for this scholarship.
- Students who are from minority community can apply for this scholarship.
- Only students who have secured minimum 50% marks in the previous class are eligible for it.
- Students who are studying class 11th, 12th, diploma, graduate, postgraduate, MPhil and PhD. You can apply for this scholarship.
- The annual family income of the candidate should be less than 2 lakh rupees per year.
NSP Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities – Documents Required
The students need to submit the following documents while applying for this scholarship.
- Aadhaar Card
- Residential Certificate
- Income certificate
- Domicile certificate (if required)
- Permanent address proof
- Fee Receipt of current course year
- Passport size photo with signature (Self- attested)
- Photocopy of previous qualifying exams mark-sheet (Attested
- Minority community certificate
- Students Bank Account proof
- Institution Verification Form
NSP Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities – Application Procedure
The students can follow the following steps to apply for this scholarship: –
- First of all, the students must visit the official website National Scholarship Portal. The homepage of the portal will open on your screen.
- On the homepage, click on the “Ministry of Affair” under the state schemes option.
- A new page will appear read all the instruction given for the “Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities”.
- Now, you need to click on “New Registration” tab.
- A new page will open, read all the instructions given on that page carefully and then, click on “Continue” tab.
- A new registration form will appear on your screen, there fill all the details like your name, address, mobile number, domicile, gender, scholarship category, scholarship type, date of birth and email Id.
- Then, provide your personal bank account details like Account number, Bank name and IFSC code.
- Select Account number or Aadhar card number as the identification option and click on the “Register” option.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number for verification purpose.
- Enter the OTP in the given space and click on the “Login” option.
- A new application form will open on your screen, fill all the asked details accurately.
- Now, complete the application process by clicking on “Submit” tab.
- An application ID will be generated by the system. Write it down for any future reference.
NSP Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities – Selection Procedure
This scholarship is offered to the students belonging to the Minority communities. Only a limited number of scholarships are provided to students under this scholarship. The students who come from BPL families are given preference during the selection process. The students applying for the renewal of their scholarship will considered before new applications are done.
NSP Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities – Terms and Conditions
The students while applying for this scholarship need to remember the following rules and regulations
- The scholarship is provided to only two children of the same family.
- In case, the candidate found guilty of providing any false information or statements the scholarship will be cancelled.
- If there is any violation of terms and conditions the scholarship will be cancelled immediately.
- The rules can be changed at any given point of time by the Government of India.
- Scholarship amount will be transferred directly in the bank accounts of the selected candidates through Direct Bank Transfer (DBT).
- The students who are 18 years in age have to provide self-certified community certificate.
- The Ministry of Minority Affairs has the right to evaluate the rules at regular intervals of time.
- Under this scholarship the students are provided 100% funding.
NSP Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities – Renewal Scheme
The students willing to renew their scholarship need to fulfil the following conditions.
- The students who are existing beneficiaries of the Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities can renew their scholarship next year.
- Scholarship will be renewed only after the declaration of the results of the previous year’s qualifying exam.
- The students who have secured 50% or more marks will be able to renew their scholarships.
NSP Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities – Rewards
The students receive following benefits under this scholarship scheme.
|Admission and Tuition fee||Hosteller||Day Scholar (INR)|
|Class 11-12||7000 per annum||7000 per annum|
|Graduation And Post-Graduation Studies||3000 per annum||3000 per annum|
|Technical And Vocational Courses||10000 per annum||10000 per annum|
|Maintenance Allowances||380-1200 per month||230-550 per month|
|Admission and tuition fee for classes XI and XII.||Up to Rs.7,000 per annum||Up to Rs.7,000 per annum|
|Admission and course/ the tuition fee for technical and vocational courses of XI and XII level. (Includes fees/charges for raw materials, etc.)||Up to Rs.10,000 per annum||Up to Rs.10,000 per annum|
|Admission and tuition fee for under-graduate, postgraduate.||Up to Rs.3,000 per annum||Up to Rs.3,000 per annum|
|Maintenance allowance for 10 months only in an academic year (Includes expenses for study material, etc.)||Rs.380 per month||Rs.230 per month|
|Classes XI and XII including technical and vocational courses of this level.|
|Courses other than technical and professional courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level||Rs.570 per month||Rs.300 per month|
|M. Phil and Ph.D.||Rs.1200 per month||Rs.550 per month|
NSP Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities – Results
The results for this scholarship is announced through online mode by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of Affairs. The students can check their results on the National Scholarship Portal. The students will be shortlisted on the basis of their financial conditions are academic performances. The selected students will receive financial assistance under this scholarship.
Contact Us –
If you have any further queries regarding this scholarship can contact on the following helplines.
- Email – email@example.com
- Phone -011-24364279 , 011-24364310
- Address – Ministry of Minority Affairs, CGO Complex, Paryavaran Bhawan, 11th Floor, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003
- Helpline Number – 18001122001
We hope that you find all the information presented through NSP Post Matric Scholarship helpful. In the above article, we have tried to give you all the important insight and provide answers to all your questions. In case you still have any questions left, then leave a comment below in the comment box. You can also bookmark our website for future reference.