Prime Minister Research Fellowship (PMRF) has been launched to improve the quality of research in various higher educational institutions in the country. The Prime Minister Research Fellowship 2021 was launched by the Modi government in the year 2018. The Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship Scheme attempts to attract the talent to be exhibited in research and for this it proposes attractive fellowships. Not only this, all those selected beneficiary students will also receive a good fellowship amount. Scholars of PhD and MTech can benefit from the Prime Minister Research Fellowship Scheme.
All the IITs IISR India Institute of Science Bangalore and some other top central university NITs which receive science and technology degrees offer tuition and fellowship under this scheme. The Prime Minister Research Fellowship 2021 is offered by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. Technology (NIT) and Middle Universities to conduct research in cutting-edge science and technology areas with a focus on national priorities. You can get Ph.D. If you want to be in science and technology, then this fellowship is a golden opportunity for you to start in reputed institutes in India.
Prime Minister Research Fellowship 2021 – Comprehensive Details
The Prime Minister of our country, Shri Narendra Modi has started the Prime Minister Research Fellowship. Under this fellowship 1000 BTech students will be given the opportunity to do PhD in IITs and IISc. Under the Prime Minister’s Research Cell Scheme, every year up to 1000 best students from major institutes are identified and they are given the opportunity to do PhD in IITs and the Indian Institute of Science.
Prime Minister Research Fellowship 2021, they will be provided an amount of ₹ 75000 per month. This fellowship program will prove to be very beneficial for all the students who are going to pursue higher degrees. Most of the students have to do a job after BTech and cannot get higher education. Who is eligible for this fellowship? How can a student apply for this fellowship? What is the selection process? What kind of financial aid does a student receive under this scheme? The answer to these questions is not found in all the details in this article. It highlights every important and relevant information about this fellowship in the form of its eligibility, application process, selection process, abstract submission, and much more.
PMRF – Highlights
|Fellowship Name||Prime Minister Research Fellowship|
|Launched By||Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India|
|Objective||Provide Fellowship to students.|
Also Read –
Prime Minister Research Fellowship – Last Date
|PMRF 2020 deadline||August|
|Deadline for direct entry PMRF||Similar to the deadline for PhD applications at PMRF grant-making institutions|
|Deadline for lateral entry PMRF||Within 12 months of joining PhD (for holders of master’s degree)Within 24 months of joining Ph.D. (for Bachelor’s degree holders)|
Note – The given dates are for the academic year, they may change every year at the scholarship provider’s discretion.
PMRF – Objective
Under the Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship Scheme, one thousand B. Tech students will get the opportunity to do PhD in IEIT and IISc. On behalf of the government, some financial assistance will also be given to the students every month. This fellowship will be very helpful in obtaining a higher degree. Under this scheme, students who have completed BTech or Integrated MTech or MSc with at least 8.0 CGPA in the last 5 years from IIT or NIT, etc. or are in their final year, directly enter the PhD program in IIT or IIS will be given.
This plan will brighten the future of middle-class promising students to provide benefits to deserving candidates seeking higher education in the field of research for the field of technology and science. Leaders will also be provided with the facility of immediate registration under the program using the new web portal services. The purpose of the new drive is to attract talent and, on a priority basis, from the wider platform of the country, new talent can be given an opportunity which is not limited to a particular state or region and caste.
Prime Minister Research Fellowship – Grant institute
All selected beneficiaries under this fellowship can pursue higher education in the following institutions.
- IISc, Bangalore
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Delhi University
- Banaras Hindu University
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
- All IISERs
- All IITs
- University of Hyderabad
PMRF – Eligibility Criteria
What are the eligibility criteria conditions that you need to follow to apply for any of the Prime Minister Research Fellowship? In addition, there are many other reasons as well, like the educational qualifications and annual family income that you need to complete in order to be a competitor to these scholarships.
- The applicant must have completed higher education with a passing mark or the applicant must have been in the final year of their education.
- For applying under the scheme, the applicant will be required to be enrolled in MTech program in 5 years or to complete the meter technique program.
- Any candidate who has received or is studying under UG PG exam degree course can apply for the Prime Minister Fellowship Scheme.
- Only students who have completed education in Science and Technology from IISc, IIT, NIT, IISER can apply for the doctoral fellowship program.
- The candidate’s CGPA or CPI must have at least eight out of 10 scores.
- Whoever is doing 5 years of UG PG course, 4 years of the candidate will be counted in the qualification of the program.
Prime Minister Research Fellowship – Documents Required
While applying for the PhD program at one of the institutes awarding PMRF, candidates may have to attach the following documents –
- Passport size photo
- Scanned copy of mark sheet / grade sheet / tape
- Scanned copy of GATE eligibility certificate
- Abstract copy (maximum 1,000 words in a PDF file)
- CV is limited to two A4 pages and presented only in pdf format. CVs are only academic achievements and skills, e.g., should emphasize ranks, merit certificates, internships, publications, research-related software skills, etc.
PMRF – Application Procedure
Applications for this fellowship will be made through the respective this fellowship funded institutions. Candidates are required to apply for the PhD program either directly through the admissions channel or through the lateral admissions channel at one of the funded institutions and the institute will further make a strong recommendation on this fellowship web-portal. How can you apply for fellowship? What steps should be followed for a successful application? Get step by step details of this fellowship application process here.
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of Prime Minister Research Fellowship, where its homepage will be seen in front of you.
- On the homepage, you have to click on the option of “Apply Online“, after which the new page will open.
- Now your application form will be displayed in front of you, in which you have to fill all the necessary information.
- After this, you have to upload the required documents, and you have to submit the application by clicking on the “Submit” button.
- At the end, you have to keep a print out of it for future reference.
Prime Minister Research Fellowship – Selection Procedure
There is a slight change in the selection process along with the change in eligibility criteria. From 2020-21 onwards, the selection will also be done through two channels i.e. Direct Entry Channel and Lateral Entry Channel. Under the direct entry channel, the granting institution, where the candidate is recruited, will strongly recommend the candidates keeping in view their qualifications.
- Research risk
- Performance in international academic competitions
- Letter of recommendation
- Further, under the lateral admission channel, the awarding institution, where the candidate is admitted, strongly recommends the candidates on merit basis by him / her during the first 12-24 months of the program (as relevant). do. The final selection will be done on the basis of the following metric –
- Strength of research proposal
- Publication record
PMRF – Rewards
Under this scholarship, students will receive a monetary award based on their level of education. We have shared with you all the necessary information in the table below.
- Under this scheme, for the first 2 years, the beneficiary students will be given a fellowship of ₹ 7000 per month.
- After this, the amount of fellowship in the third year will be ₹ 75000 and in the fourth year this amount will be ₹ 80000.
- All those students who are doing PhD under the Prime Minister Fellowship Scheme will also be provided the expenses of traveling abroad for presenting their research paper.
- A research amount of ₹ 200000 will be awarded to every Fellow of 5 years. Last year, the government had set a budget of Rs 1650 crore for this scheme for 7 years.
- There are many poor children in India who are unable to get higher education due to lack of funds.
- The government is launching this scheme with the objective of not leaving education to these promising children due to lack of money.
|Year of study||Stipend amount (every month)||Stipend amount (per year)||The total|
|1||70 thousand||2 lakhs||10,40,000|
|2||70 thousand||2 lakhs||10,40,000|
|3||75 thousand||2 lakhs||11,00,000|
|4||80 thousand||2 lakhs||11,60,000|
|5||80 thousand||2 lakhs||11,60,000|
|The total||5.5 million|
Prime Minister Research Fellowship – Terms and Conditions
These are the main terms and conditions students should follow regarding this scholarship –
- Each partner will be given to be received every year at the time the deliverables occur. The deliverables will be decided by the G guide and the department that the partner is joining.
- To continue receiving fellowships, colleagues are required to undergo an annual review. If the decision is found by its performance review committee, the fellowship will continue.
- The review process is rigorous and as such can be done as a national conference (for each subject).
- Each participant is expected to learn once a week at the nearby Polytechnic / ITI / KV College as per sensitivity by the government.]
- In case, colleagues fail to obtain deliverables, the fellowship may be brought down or even discontinued at the institutional level fellowship.
Contact Us –
If you have any question or are facing any problem related to the scheme, you can get help by contacting the authorities through the helpline details given below. For more information, you can also visit their official website given below.
- Website: https – //may2019.pmrf.in/
- Helpline Number – + 91-8330913053
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope that you find all the information presented through Prime Minister Research Fellowship PMRF helpful. In the above article, we have tried to give you all the important insight and provide answers to all your questions. In case you still have any questions left, then leave a comment below in the comment box. You can also bookmark our website for future reference.
What is the main objective of Prime Minister Research Fellowship?
This fellowship will be very helpful in obtaining a higher degree. Under this scheme, students who have completed BTech or Integrated MTech or MSc with at least 8.0 CGPA in the last 5 years from IIT or NIT, etc.
Will there be an interview conducted for the selection of the Prime Minister Research Fellowship?
No, interviews not held for the fellowship will be conducted. The selection committee will scrutinize the nominations received from all the institutes and select the appropriate candidates based on their application.
Who is eligible for Prime Minister Research Fellowship?
As per the latest announcement, the eligibility for the Prime Minister Research Fellowship scheme has been changed from 2020-21.