“Management is the coordination and organization of all activities in an entrepreneur according to the policies defined by the industry”
These lines provide an accurate definition of the management area. If you have passed the 12th examination this year, have you had any curiosity about management courses? If “yes” then in this article we will provide you information about the management courses of colleges and universities in India.
People from different parts of the nation are taking opportunities to move forward with management courses. The management curriculum in India deals with various types of managerial activities. People here work in groups to achieve a particular objective. Managers are professionals who use various resources to achieve the intended purpose of the organization.
Now-a-days, each discipline of any discipline refers to a leading management program. It does not matter whether you have a subject in 12th standard or not, you are eligible for management studies in that period. Management is not only one of the job-oriented curriculum, but also one of the most demanding areas among students. With the increasing technology of education and professionalism, students are attracted to the corporate sectors of organizations.
Courses and Programs
People can find two types of Management courses in India. One is known as UG or undergraduate course whereas other is PG or post-course. In order to get admission in UG courses, the candidate must pass his or her HS examination. The Bachelor in Management course has duration of 3 years. An individual holding a bachelor degree from a reputed organization is eligible to pursue PG Management courses in India. It is also mandatory to attend entrance examination such as CAT, MAT
Management education courses can be divided into three parts.
- Diploma courses leading to the 2-year diploma programme
- UG degree courses with the duration of 3 year
- BBA+DBA (specialization)
- BCA+E- MBA
- BA (management)
- B.Com (management)
- B.Sc. (management)
- PG Degree Programme with the duration of 2 years
Management in India is such an amazing stream where students of any stream can easily get enrolment. The concentration of management courses in India is linked to practical, analytical and theoretical concepts of business management. There is an opportunity to obtain higher degrees by various institutions in this field.
The list of common management programs is as follows: –
- Business Administration
- International trade management
- Project Management
- Asset management
- risk management
- material management
- Event Management
- marketing Management
- HR management
- Finance Management
- Arts and humanities
- Food and Hotel Management
- Health Care Management and Hospital Administration
- hospitality and Tourism
- the biology
- Media and communication
- For UG courses: The minimum eligibility eligibility to apply for diploma courses in management field is 12th / Intermediate.
- For PG courses: Students must have a bachelor’s degree to enter the master’s course in management field.
- For doctoral courses: For admission to PhD / M.Phil in Management, one should have a Master’s degree in Management.
If you have the responsibility of managing a good institute then salary is not an issue for you. In terms of qualifications such as leadership, decision making skills, enthusiasm and a good academic background, you can get the initial package in India up to about 2 lakhs per year.
There is a long list of employers for those holding a management degree in India. Here we are providing you information of some leading employers.
- Ashok Leyland Ltd.
- Shindler India Pvt. Limited
- Kalpataru Ltd.
- CRISIL Global Research and Analytics
- Drshti Strategic Research Services Pvt. Limited
- Capital IQ.
- Federal Bank.
- Fractal analytics ltd.
- ICICI Securities
- Ikya Human Capital Solutions Pvt. Limited
- Kam Shekhar Jewelery Pvt. Limited
- Randstad India Ltd.
- Rane Group.
- HCL Info Systems Ltd
- 99 acres
- Allied Digital Services Limited
- American Express Banking Corp
- Cholamandalam Investment and Finance
- Sipi Polyurethanes Private Limited. Limited
- Fabtech Projects & Engineers Ltd.
- GG Dandekar Machine Works Limited
- Mansukh Securities and Finance
- Net Profit Consultancy
- Optimus Global Services Limited (a Polaris company)
- Reliance Digital
- Smart cube
- VRS Software
- Walk Water Talent Advisors Pvt. Limited
Career in Management
An MBA has a broad spectrum of careers. If you have passed out your management from a reputed organization, this degree will definitely help you to get a lucrative career. Employment can be provided in any field such as public as well as private organizations. Marketing is a wonderful sector where an individual can get a great career. There are finance jobs as well as teaching jobs for the students who have just passed out MBA from a reputed organization in India. An individual with a Management degree can make his career bright by working abroad.