People invited to New York University from PhD degree holders for VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship purpose to support distinguished researchers from other national or international institutions under the supervision of a Vista core member that is aligned with Vista Program to carry out postdoctoral research (Vision: for science applications). In this article we will talk about various aspects of this VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2021. What are the eligibility criteria for this Fellowship? Which students can apply for this Fellowship? What is the application process for this Fellowship? You will find the answers to all your questions in the below-given article.
Describe the importance of the applicant’s research contribution and the proposed research as it relates to the Vista mandate. Provide specifics on how to supplement the supervisor’s ongoing projects or new research directions in the context of the proposed research vista. Describe the supervisor’s commitment to the applicant’s professional leadership development, clearly indicating resources and / or activities that they will provide to support career development. Consider the same level of excellence for other highly competitive programs and the applicant is expected to show evidence of such excellence in their academic CV.
VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship 2021 – Comprehensive Details
The central scientific question that drives Vista is ‘how neural and / or machine systems can be integrated to provide favourable visual behaviour in real-world situations’. Answering this question is exciting for vision science and visual health and technologies will provide fundamental advances for large-scale applications. Its main objective is to take science in an advance direction through computational and biological approaches and results in real world applications and to propel students towards their bright future.
Through this article we are used in the wards of the VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship, all Candidates are requested to read and understand all the information carefully and its complete Benefit. In this article, we provide complete information about this scholarship. Information includes scholarship purpose, eligibility, award, deadline, application process and more details. Find a brief description of all these details in the table below.
VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship – Highlights
|Fellowship Name||VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship|
|Objective||To provide Fellowship to Students.|
- Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship 2021
- Vidyasaarathi TATA Realty Scholarship Renewal 2021
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2021
VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship – Last Date
|Application deadline||23rd. April 2021|
Note – The given dates are for the academic year, they may change every year at the scholarship provider’s discretion.
- Selected scholars will receive the following benefits from the medium of this fellowship
- The minimum CAD is 70,000 which will be given every year for 2 years.
- CAD 7500 annual research allowance will also be given.
- Networking allowance will be given to CAD 1000 per year.
VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship – Eligibility Criteria
For this Fellowship, an applicant is required to fulfil the following eligibility –
- Hold a PhD from a national or international institution.
- Postdoctoral are Research, which is aligned with the VISTA program under VISTA core member.
- Providing evidence of excellence in your field.
- Applicants for the specific award are required to include a letter of support (5 pages maximum) from the proposed supervisor in their application.
- Supervisors need:
- Provide specifics on how to supplement the supervisor’s ongoing projects or new research directions in the context of the proposed research vista.
- Describe the supervisor’s commitment to the applicant’s professional leadership development, clearly indicating resources and / or activities that they will provide to support career development.
- Consider the same level of excellence for other highly competitive programs (eg Banting PDF) and the applicant is expected to show evidence of such excellence in their academic CV.
VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship – Document Required
The following document must be uploaded –
- Completed Applications
- One page summary of proposed research
- Voluntary Self-Identification Survey in the specified format
- Postdoctoral Supervisor Form in the specified format
- Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of reference
VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship – Application Procedure
Eligible candidates can apply for the Fellowship through the following steps –
- First of all, you have to apply for the VISTA Core Membership in the department.
- For this, you have to Provide information about personal details, funding sources, qualifications and complete application form email with required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. etc.
- Now, you have to Submit the application form by email to email@example.com.
VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship – Selection criteria
Selection will be done on the basis of peers –
- Candidate strength
- Strength of research proposal
- Meeting the goals of the vista program
- Distinguished peers have to obtain fellowships to meet additional standards of excellence.
Terms and conditions
- Applicants have to accept or reject the offer made within 21 days from the date of the offer.
- Proof of excellence may include best paper awards, high impact sites, or other measures of achievement and recognition.
Contact Us –
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope that you find all the information presented through VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship helpful. In the above article, we have tried to give you all the important insight and provide answers to all your questions. In case you still have any questions left, then leave a comment below in the comment box. You can also bookmark our website for future reference.
What is the purpose of VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship?
The main goal of a postdoctoral position (or fellowship) is to develop their professional and academic skills while still under the guidance of an experienced researcher.
What is the difference between Doctorate and Postdoctoral?
Difference between doctoral and postdoctoral as adjectives. It is said that doctorate is related to doctorate whereas postdoctoral is after obtaining doctorate; Especially academic research or further study from the level of a doctoral degree.
Do postdoctoral fellows get paid?
“It’s not fair to assume that they’re not really checking up on things like salary.” Between extremes, many salaries converged around an average of about $ 47,500. This is why postdocs receiving the National Research Service Award (NRSA) are close to setting an initial salary by the US National Institutes of Health.
What is the official website of VISTA Distinguished Post-Doctoral Fellowship?
If you want to visit the official website of this fellowship, then you have to click here.